View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 09:49 AM   #69
lumping-sugar66
Enthusiast
lumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2, Kobo Clara 2E
I yearn for the day I don't need to, but I almost always have to. It's a 50/50 between formatting and actual HTML content.

All my books come through Libby/Calibre. I usually edit the metadata to behave nicely, also sometimes change the cover to something I like. I wouldn't say I like seeing the characters depicted on the cover (don't even get me started on photographs), so that's usually the first thing I do.

There's almost always something wrong with the formatting: sometimes, the background color is hardcoded grey; sometimes, the chapter dividers need to be appropriately set; and sometimes, there are premature line breaks. These are often easy to catch and fix with a regex pattern, so retouching is almost always needed.

I often change or introduce chapter marks to my books. I like to draw my dividers based on the theme of the book and add them to my books; they're my personal touch.
lumping-sugar66 is offline   Reply With Quote