View Single Post
Old 04-13-2024, 11:13 AM   #32
sails
sails began at the beginning.

Device: none
I seem to have discovered this issue a few months too late. My Nook battery is dying and I never downloaded the Windows PC app. I have been scouring the internet for the last two days trying to find an archived version of the file.

The Adguard option isn't working, but then I'm not confident that I'm using it correctly. Is someone willing to help check to see if it's still working and help me out?

Thank you kindly.
I got a hold of Calibre and have been researching Kobo and alternative ereaders, but I really do seem to have been just a few months too late to successfully back up all of my nook purchases. I'm beyond disheartened, I shouldn't have to pay more money to rebuild my entire library.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWTS View Post
Is anyone familiar with the website APPX4Fun? Is it legitimate? Safe? I stumbled across it and have never heard of it before.

They have the Nook for Windows app version 1.11.0.4 available for download. That's the version installed on my computer. Here's the link if anyone would like to check it out:

https://www.appx4fun.com/apps/54799/

On a side note, I'm curious if one can still log in to the app. By that, I mean if a user signs out (or installs the app and logs in for the first time) will it be possible to sign back in? Since B&N has discontinued the app, might it be possible they disabled new sign ins?

Update: Sorry to get any hopes up. I decided to try downloading the app from the site and check it with VirusTotal. Since there were two download buttons ("Download" and "Microsoft Store"), I thought the site hosted a copy of the file. Nope. I clicked Download and nothing happened.

However, it does seem the Nook app is downloadable from Adguard's Online Link Generator for Microsoft Store.

https://store.rg-adguard.net/

Again, my apologies if I caused any confusion.
sails is offline   Reply With Quote