View Single Post
Old 11-20-2021, 02:28 PM   #32
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I think I expressed myself badly. I'm not a typography nut; by being fussy about fonts and layout I meant being able to use a specific sideloaded font and customize things like losing header and footer. Those things you can do even on a Kindle, but not on a Nook.
Withe last last few software updates, you can turn the footer off. But I don't think you get an extra line of text. It is just off.

Quote:
I realize all this sounds like nitpicking. As I said, I have a specific set of preferences and without being able to use several of my preferences on the Nook, I feel constant frustration every time I read on the Nook. Low-key frustration, but still. At first I thought I would get over it, but I didn't. It's like a minor toothache.
No worries. I'm not trying to sell you a Nook. Was just replying to what I understood of your comments.

I don't notice any deterioration without page refresh, but I am likely just not sensitive to it. I still enjoy reading on a Nook ST with a Pearl screen at 800X600. I clearly don't have the highest standards
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote