Thread: publisher font
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 11:07 AM   #11
Ebookus
Grenadier
Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanessamartins00 View Post
Hello!
Is there any way to force epub to keep the publisher font on readers (kindle, ibooks, google play books) so that the reader cannot change it? I have some Arabic characters and I would like the reader to keep the font so that these characters appear on all devices.
if you mean, the main text is in English and some words are arabic, images would be best bet. That is how LOTR handles runes and the sort.

speaking from a pure user perspective, if a publisher were to force me to use whatever they consider a good font, I would return that book immediately. Very rarely have I found embedded fonts to be any good. If I wanted anything fixed, I would buy a physical copy.
Ebookus is offline   Reply With Quote