View Single Post
Old 02-13-2024, 06:15 PM   #5
elinkser
Groupie
elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.

Device: Kobo Clara HD

@JSWolf

It's so raisjn, as rmkit author, can control the info in the top rmkit post. The previous thread was when raisjn didn't have a mobileread presence. Edit: title of other thread has been scaled down to avoid confusion.

@raisjn

- adding the nickelmenu items to the koboroot

Go for it - can be done as a stub file, or autogenerated as with KOReader/Plato (don't ask me how though).

- how to rearrange the fs (opt mount)

In Kobo world we are encouraged to install to user mount filesystem, e.g. /mnt/onboard/.adds/rmkit.

- aside from a new note taking app, any more feature requests?

Hmm, note-taking with gesture recognition on an ereader would be amazing, but I understand it to be no small task.
I guess I'm pretty content as it is, with Harmony.

Another cool feature of rmkit is the scriptable GUI with SAS, but I wasn't successful with this script, which is supposed to invoke luajit to convert temperature between Farenheit and Celsius:

Code:
while true; do
  app="
textinput 250 100 200 50 
label 250 200 200 50 you entered: ${temp}
button 150 400 200 50 c2f
button 350 400 200 50 f2c
label 250 600 200 50 you clicked: ${option}
[paragraph 250 800 500 500 Result = ${output}]
"
  echo "APP IS"
  echo "${app}"
  option=`echo "${app}" | /mnt/onboard/.adds/rmkit/bin/apps/simple | grep 'selected:' | sed 's/selected: //'`
  temp=`echo "${app}" | /mnt/onboard/.adds/rmkit/bin/apps/simple | grep 'input:' | sed 's/input: //'`
  if (${option} == "c2f") then
  	output=`/mnt/onboard/.adds/koreader/luajit -e "print((9/5) * tonumber(${temp}) + 32 + ' C')"`
  fi
  if (${option} == "f2c") then
  	output=`/mnt/onboard/.adds/koreader/luajit -e "print((5/9)*(tonumber(${temp}))-32 + ' F')"`
  fi
  sleep 0.1
done

1. It wouldn't run if I named it anything other than "menu.sh".

2. Each input had to be done twice (e.g. text entry, button click). The first input would not register.

3. The luajit execution of "output" never gets displayed.

Anything obvious I'm doing wrong?
A scriptable GUI like SAS can give birth to unlimited apps!

Last edited by elinkser; 02-14-2024 at 04:50 PM.
elinkser is offline   Reply With Quote