View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 07:14 PM   #11
FatGuy
Groupie
FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicGecko View Post
Your insistence on making sure you can access loaned files after your subscription ends is bordering on piracy, which is not viewed kindly here. If that file is important to you, you may want to keep your subscription open for as long as you need it.

Now, from a purely technical perspective, .txt files are simply a string of characters; they cannot contain DRM. So if you do download the .txt version, there is no way for the contents of that file to be blocked from access after your subscription ends.
Thanks so much for your reply!

Sorry if I wasn't clear: I'm definitely not using any pirated PDF files and I'm also paying for a scribd.com premium subscription so I'm not getting anything for free. I know how hard authors work so I always support them as much as I can.

However, if Scribd removed the PDF files I've downloaded and paid for or if Scribd.com closed down tomorrow, would I still be able to open the PDF files?
FatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote