View Single Post
Old 11-28-2021, 05:26 PM   #70
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianbk View Post
- More reading settings. I heavily dislike the "(Time) left in chapter" way of displaying that info and like how Kobo does page turns. I thought Nook had this previously?
This has changed with recent updates. You now have four choices by clicking the bottom of the page when reading. No footer at all. Page numbers on the left "52/403" and percentage on the right "12%." Time left in chapter "23 mins 48 secs left in chapter" and the percentage on the right. Time left in the whole book "19 hrs 53 mins 24 secs left in book" with the percentage on the right. I like the page number best.

As for their advertising. I thought the ad for the 2019 Nook GlowLight Plus was pretty good. Their target market is probably not the small percentage of technically inclined eBook readers you'll find on MobileRead. I (personally) agree that I would like to see less focus on Romance books but I'm guessing that's a huge part of their market. I remember when I worked for a paperback and magazine distributor in the late '70s and early '80s how customers would line up to get one each of the Harlequin books as we tried to put them on display.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote