View Single Post
Old 04-28-2024, 10:27 AM   #24
gforgiraffe39935
Connoisseur
gforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Nook, Kobo, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgsmom View Post
The button on the GL4+ is not really a button. It is a sensor. If you try to push it, it is hit or miss. I discovered that you just lay your finger on it for a second or two and it works just fine.

Calibre cannot connect to the GL4+ on Windows. That is apparently not going to change. I had trouble with my Windows 10 computer, but that computer died shortly after getting my Nook. My new Windows 11 computer never had any problems connecting, but it does not show up as a USB drive like previous Nooks. It just shows up as a drive under This Computer. I still use Calibre to store all my books. I just use Windows file explorer to copy them over. It is not as convenient as using Calibre, but it works.

I really like my GL4+. It is my primary reader at this time.
I had the GL4+ as well. As touch sensors go, I didn't feel it was calibrated properly. The sensor on my 1st generation original NOOK and my NOOK GlowLight Plus (2015) are much more responsive and react within less than 0.5 seconds--it is instantaneous. I couldn't get used to the prolonged touch required by the NGL4+ to activate it, nor to turn on the GlowLight 4 Plus glowlight shortcut (4 seconds!--it is 1.25 seconds, at most, for the GLP 2015, for example).

I think many other users coming from the NOOK GlowLight Plus (2015) also felt the same way, because BN had to write a whole Support Page just for the GlowLight 4 Plus capacitive N "button" (sensor): https://help.barnesandnoble.com/hc/e...-Home-n-Button

Perhaps the glass (glass-like plastic?) layer for the flush screen doesn't allow for good capacitive touch sensing? I have no idea, but I do not think they should have released it with that lag. I sold my GL4+ so I am not sure if they re-calibrated the amount of time required compared to my GLP 2015.

Last edited by gforgiraffe39935; 04-28-2024 at 10:28 AM. Reason: added missing word
gforgiraffe39935 is offline   Reply With Quote