View Single Post
Old 04-28-2024, 10:13 AM   #23
cgsmom
Addict
cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook GL4+, Nook GL4e, Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4, iPhone 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaysclie View Post
Hello again everyone. I am check back here to see if things have changed with the Nook Glowlight 4 plus. I am closer to committing to buying one and still have a couple of questions that I would like to ask again as an update before committing the money. Is the nook button still causing some people aggrivation or has that be resolved? Can calibre now connect with the Glowlight 4 plus on windows 10? Better yet, does the Nook connect easily with your windows computer as previous Nooks always did? At least I never had any trouble with previous Nooks. Are you happy with your Nook Glowlight 4 Plus??
The button on the GL4+ is not really a button. It is a sensor. If you try to push it, it is hit or miss. I discovered that you just lay your finger on it for a second or two and it works just fine.

Calibre cannot connect to the GL4+ on Windows. That is apparently not going to change. I had trouble with my Windows 10 computer, but that computer died shortly after getting my Nook. My new Windows 11 computer never had any problems connecting, but it does not show up as a USB drive like previous Nooks. It just shows up as a drive under This Computer. I still use Calibre to store all my books. I just use Windows file explorer to copy them over. It is not as convenient as using Calibre, but it works.

I really like my GL4+. It is my primary reader at this time.
cgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote