View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 02:05 AM   #34
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
I've attached a test version of KU to this post.

It bypasses the parsing epub/kepub stage, and added some more error checking to run-ku.sh, including logging to .adds/kobo-uncaged/error_log.txt

@church mouse could you try this one please?

Just extract the contents of the zip to the root of your kobo, and replace any existing files.
sherman, I can report some success.

If I run without a password on Calibre wireless it all seems to work. If I run with a password for Calibre, then I get one of two results:

1. Report of no password found (I am never asked for one, nor does putting my password in the ku.toml make any difference). OR

2. It reports that there is no instance of Calibre detected.

A secondary behaviour I have noted is that if I connect the Kobo to a computer by USB (for instance, to amend the ku.toml to add my Calibre password), when I eject the reader it seems to fire off part of KU resulting in a message "Failed to find/press the Connect button".
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote