View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 11:39 AM   #2670
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
It's she, actually.

Call me pedantic, but to me handles are found on kitchen knives and cutlery not bladed weapons like swords and daggers. I used the word 'weapons' not generic cutting tools. Yes, any cutting tool can be used as a weapon, but I am decrying the usage for cutting tools specifically designed as weapons.

I very much suspect there's an autocorrect or editorial thing going on here, probably with N American authors (probably female authors at that).
But some Kitchen Knives/cutlery can be very sharp and easily be used as a weapon. They have handles.

What would you say if an author used knife and handle but did not say what type of knife?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote