View Single Post
Old 01-01-2024, 09:57 AM   #5
jviscosi
Connoisseur
jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Focus, Nook Glowlight 4/4+, Inkbook Obsidian, Kindle Keyboard
My wife also has the Syukuyu page turner which she uses on her Kindle Voyage. According to the reviews on Amazon it doesn't work with the Glowlight 3, although they say it does work on the Glowlight 4. I could test it out on my GL4+ later and see how it does.

The difference between an infrared touch screen and a capacitive touch screen is that an infrared screen has a bunch of tiny LEDs all around and it figures out where you tapped by watching to see where the pattern of light has been disrupted, whereas a capacitive screen figures out where you tapped it by monitoring changes in its electrical field. I would hazard a guess that none of the page turn remotes will work with an infrared screen because it would probably require a small moving part to simulate physical tapping, sort of like what this person made using a 3D printer:

https://hackaday.com/2018/08/15/a-re...e-page-turner/
jviscosi is offline   Reply With Quote