View Single Post
Old 11-18-2021, 11:59 AM   #24
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Just curious, what innovations are you looking for?
If I knew, I could patent them.

Seriously, it must be something pretty revolutionary in ergonomics or screen quality or software, to make me buy a new Nook.

My top complaints about the current Nooks are:
  • The only Nook with a larger screen than 6'' is considerably heavier than anything the competitors offer
  • It's sloooooow
  • No custom fonts
  • No suitable font sizes, forcing you to jump through hoops and embed them
  • No option to customize the page refresh (I want it to be every page, to retain the best contrast)
  • Did I mention slow?
The rest I can live with. Still, the latest Kobos with their Carta 1200 screens weigh less than the 7.8'' Nook (I'm not interested in a 6'' reader), have better contrast and better ergonomics, are faster (at least the Sage is) and a hundred times more customizable. And work with Calibre. The Kindle Oasis also is more lightweight, faster and more customizable. There are no advantages to the Nooks, unless you count the buttons on both sides of the screen (and the traditional shape for those wanting it, which doesn't include me).
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote