View Single Post
Old 11-18-2021, 11:09 AM   #21
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I don't think I'll ever buy another Nook, unless they come out with something truly innovative.

It's not that I regret buying the only Nook I have. I don't, because I was curious and I more or less knew what I'd get. But yeah, IMO the experience is pretty subpar compared to Kindle and Kobo.
I appreciate Nooks more for their unique hardware than the software.

Their only dud for me was the Nook Glowlight. But the original Nook, the ST (with and without Glowlight) the 2015 Glowlight Plus, the Glowlight 3... all of them are entirely different than what the competition was offering at the time.

Aside from storage space, my 2015 Glowlight Plus was as good as the Paperwhite 4 released in 2018, and it had better build quality.

Software is where the Nook is a letdown. Kobo and Kindle definitely offer more features. Though, TBH I've noticed I don't use those features much.

I currently read on a Nook STwG, a Nook Glowlight Plus and a Kobo Clara HD. I like them all, but don't prefer one over the other.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote