View Single Post
Old 01-01-2024, 07:47 PM   #15
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by foice View Post
That was my first idea. But then what do you do when you want to add a book between book 34 and book 35? Are you proposing to call it 34.5?
Actually, that is exactly what I do with series. For instance, J. D. Robb's In Death series has quite a few novellas which interpose between the main books in the series. See the attached image for an example. A prequel would get a series index such as 0.5, etc. the occasional time that there are two shorts between main entries, I use 0.3 and 0.6 as the series index.

Since my ebook collection is currently moving in on 15,000, I need a tool such as calibre to keep track of them. I suppose I could emulate paper books and go back to using a library card catalogue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	in_death_series.png
Views:	81
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	205526  

Last edited by DNSB; 01-01-2024 at 08:02 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote