View Single Post
Old 05-10-2023, 03:08 AM   #31
Amon_Re
Zealot
Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Poketbook Inkpad 3 & Boyue Likebook Minas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
"Once upon a time" is now.

I don't know. I'm just going by what was said in this thread, that the Linux kernel couldn't be updated because of a CPU that only supports Linux 3.10 or Android 4.4. If that's not the case, then (again) the question arises, why not update the Linux kernel?
It's not so much that the kernel can't be updated but more that allwinner is not doing the heavy lifting/maintenance for it. As long as Pocketbook sticks with their custom Linux based system there's also not really any need to go to newer kernels as all the features they need (other than IO) comes from software on top of the kernel & libraries.

This does has me wondering how secure these pocketbook devices are vis a vis known vulnerabilities, might be a fun project to look closer at one of these days.
Amon_Re is offline   Reply With Quote