View Single Post
Old 02-26-2024, 02:30 PM   #27
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgsmom View Post
I know. You are right. When I see a book on sale that I might like, I still have to go to Calibre to make sure I don't already own it. What I really need to do is stop buying books. I can't possibly read everything I own before I die. LOL

It just frustrates me sometimes that we have to jump through so many hoops just to have access to what we paid for and to read on whatever device we want. Plus, I actually love playing with new devices.
I agree on all counts. Unfortunately the issue of several different DRM schemes and formats has been there pretty much from the beginning. 10-12 years ago many people were hopeful that DRM will go the way of dinosaurs, but it has not happened, nor is it likely to happen in the future. So we must just deal with it as we can.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote