View Single Post
Old 02-24-2024, 11:14 PM   #20
RWTS
Enthusiast
RWTS began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
A follow-up to my last post:

My neighbor, who has been reading on a tablet for the past couple years, decided to make the switch to an ereader. She originally had her eye on the Glowlight 4 Plus, it went out of stock, she didn't want to wait months for it, so purchased a Kindle.

She has just shy of 100 purchased ebooks at B&N, with a handful yet to be read. She had never downloaded the Nook app on her computer, hence my search for it.

We downloaded the Nook .appx file from Adguard's Link Generator and it installed on her laptop with no problems. Hit a snag getting it to load (a firewall issue), but once that was sorted out she logged in and downloaded her books. (Interestingly, all but 5 or 6 open with Sumatra PDF, so it appears there's no DRM on the bulk of them.) Sent them to her Kindle and all is good. She's happy and not too worried about the stragglers, though might try to "free" them later.

So as of February 24, 2024, the Nook app can still be installed and signed into. Hope this is helpful to anyone still seeking it out.
RWTS is offline   Reply With Quote