View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 05:23 PM   #1
iBurger2
iBurger2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2nd g
Kobo Aura One (with Koreader) or iPad Air 2 for academic articles

Dear community,

I am reading a lot of academic PDF articles for my studies now. And I think I want to move my reading away from my screen devices towards a real tablet. I currently own a 27" Dell IPS and a 13" Macbook. I would like to get something that reduces the strain on my eyes.

So far I have narrowed down my options two very distinct devices. 1) The Kobo Aura One, with Koreader installed for better PDF support, and 2) the iPad Air 2 which has a retina screen. The iPad also have an app for Zotero, which is a popular tool for managing academic pdfs on your computer. It syncs wirelessly, and is the go to solution for this task.

I tend to read academic pdfs quickly. I skim them. However, when they are interesting, I will read them more deeply. Because of my reading style, I think that the iPad Air 2 is a better choice. I can buy them (used) for about $300 usd (or 275 euro). The Kobo Aura One is priced at 219 euro and is a lot cheaper, has a smaller screen, but it has e-ink technology!

The experts must be here at this forum, and I think you guys probably own both devices. (iPad and Kobo Aura One).

So I wonder, iPad or Kobo A1 for academic pdfs?

https://www.zotero.org/
iBurger2 is offline   Reply With Quote