View Single Post
Old 04-28-2024, 10:00 AM   #10
cgsmom
Addict
cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook GL4+, Nook GL4e, Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4, iPhone 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gforgiraffe39935 View Post
1. Is there anyone who still purchases books from BN only? Is there a special reason or is it just because that's the only e-reader you have and don't care about owning the eBook files?

2. If you recently purchased a GL4 for the 32GB of space, did you know when you purchased it that BN would prevent you from using it all, and that you would only be able to access 5GB of space for your own, non-BN eBooks/PDFs?

3. If you knew that would discontinue the Read in Store for 1 hour free program in April 2024, would you have purchased a Nook GL4/4e/4+ anyway or gone for Kobo, Kindle, PocketBook or another brand?

4. Did you purchase NOOK ereaders because you liked the ergonomics and former ease of using them as Android e-ink readers (Dev Settings is pw locked as of April 2024)? Or were there other reasons you purchased a NOOK?

5. Are you excited about an eBook subscription plan from BN?
1. I still have a working Windows 10 computer with Nook for Windows so I can still buy from BN, but I buy books where they are cheaper and sideload with no problem.

2. I am not sure that my GL4+ is restricted. When I look in File Explorer it says I have 24.7 Gb of available space. I haven't used 5 Gb yet, so we shall see. I don't have to have every book I own on my device anyway.

3. I don't go to BN to read so I really don't care about read in store.

4. I love having page turn buttons on both sides. I have arthritis in my hands and change hands a lot when I read. I don't care about developer settings. I just put books on and read.

5. Not really interested in a subscription. I tried Kindle unlimited for a while. I wanted to read too many books that were not part of the subscription so it wasn't worth it for me.
cgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote