View Single Post
Old 05-02-2024, 07:53 PM   #6
ajmc
ajmc began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Kobo Libra 2 Pocketbook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
you could try the KOBO LIBRA (it is also cheaper), which has a significantly better screen in terms of contrast and writing sharpness. Another factor is the setting options, here the pocketbook basically provides only 3 options for the margin alignment and the font size, nothing more.

In the case of KOBO, the device is reactive (the pocketbook is still as slow as 10 years ago), the KOBO settings are significantly better and offer more options for editing the font.
This is completely opposite to my experience. I was struggling to choose between these two devices and ended up purchasing both, intending to return one. The Libra arrived next day and I used it without complaint for a week and more until the Era arrived (from China). Despite being comfortable using the Libra, once I started using the Era I never even briefly considered going back. In addition to several other good points the Era's screen is BETTER than the Libra's in terms of sharpness and contrast and the device is more responsive!

It should be said that the Kobo is fine; the Era just looks better, feels better, is more compact, has a speaker, better respects privacy, has better battery life and no doubt other benefits I've just got used to. Sure, it was slightly more expensive, but not a lot - and it was worth the extra in my opinion.

I would agree with your KOReader recommendation though; the Pocketbook software is OK but I really like the customisation that KOReader allows.

For the OP (Frostbite) - regarding the screen colour difference, do you have the same colour temperature set for the frontlight on both devices? I personally control the frontlight (both brightness and colour) manually rather than using the Pocketbook schedule feature.
ajmc is offline   Reply With Quote