View Single Post
Old 03-13-2024, 03:57 PM   #37
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What eBooks don't have chapters starting on a new page/screen? I've not seen this.
Quite a few from Gutenberg where you find multiple chapters and pieces of chapters in a single file. I've seen all too many ebooks where the entire ebook is in a single file and there is no page break forced though, if you are lucky, there are multiple blank lines between the end of one chapter and the start of another which does make it easy to automate the splitting.

One recent book used a 4 files for the entirety of the text and didn't even bother to split the files at chapter boundaries so chapter 10 was partly in one file and partly in another leading to a mostly blank page with two lines in the middle of the chapter. As near as I could tell, the original was a single file which was split into 103KB chunks.

Overall, ebook formatting has gotten better and there are fewer abominations but you can still find them.

Last edited by DNSB; 03-13-2024 at 04:01 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote