View Single Post
Old 01-31-2024, 11:36 AM   #26
nabsltd
Evangelist
nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th gen), Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
A long time ago I thought Lucida Console was nice; maybe that was in Windows NT 4.0, but I'd never use it now. I use some sort of Courier style font if simulating telgrams, consoles etc.
Consolas and Lucida Console are great for exactly that...a monospaced console/text editor/etc.

As you noted, Courier is right for the "old fashioned" feel of telegrams, but if I want to display computer output in an eBook, I use a sans-serif like Myriad, so that it looks similar to what people see on actual computer screens today. Even in a book set in the 1960s, it seems to feel OK without using a fixed-pitch font.
nabsltd is offline   Reply With Quote