View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 07:26 AM   #4
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
My 2021 6" B&N was Magisk'ed long ago and has collected dust since. I kind of liked the bright yellow cover, but it's just bulky and poorly designed.

I know a lot about Qualcomm devices, I know a tiny bit about Mediatek devices and I know almost nothing about Allwinner devices (like this device). So when I consider a new device, Qualcomm is a must for me. With Qualcomm, EDL and an unrestricted Firehose loader, the device is mine, all mine.

It sounds like you are doing everything right. "fastboot flash boot magisk.img" should do the job. I forget if that had the old style reflash stock stuff in there. That was the first thing I took out in the old days.

Do a:
Code:
ls -l /system
Is there some patch file there? I forget if it's for system or recovery. I'd check mine but it's most certainly gone now.

Look for:
Code:
ls -l /system/bin/*.sh
B&N was big on stupid shell scripts.
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote