View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 09:30 AM   #6
gforgiraffe39935
Connoisseur
gforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Nook, Kobo, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Yes, there's a password lock on Development Settings. However, you can bypass that by installing an alternate launcher (which you would need anyway if you install any apps, so that you can find them). Go to that launcher, find Settings, and you can access Android Development Settings without being nagged for a password!
Thanks for that!
I have already installed my apps and launchers so I could get to them from the installed launcher, as you state. However, if one didn't already have a launcher installed and bought one of these new, how would they be able to turn on debugging? If I recall correctly, I had to do that to get my Terminal (Mac OS) to see it when running adb device. I am sure skilled people have no issues.

Anyway, I am not buying anymore Nooks or Kindles. I am enjoying customizing my Kobo with tweaks I see online. The next challenge is getting DeepL for translation up and running.
gforgiraffe39935 is offline   Reply With Quote