View Single Post
Old 01-22-2024, 11:30 PM   #1
Duke5127
Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Best way to format epub/kepub CSS (for Kobo Libra 2_?

I previously used KOReader to read my EPUBs/KEPUBs but I've switched back to the default Nickel in Kobo (I use a Libra 2) because it has better text rendering and more CSS support. One issue I've come across is formatting the EPUB CSS to make sure everything looks good. I used to edit the CSS by hand using Calibre's edit book feature, and I do use some features/plugins like:
1. Checking book
2. Removing all fonts
3. Removing unused CSS Styles
4. EpubCheck or ACE

I also use the ModifyEpub plugin to modify some things (I don't add extra CSS or modify margins).

My question is: what could I do to ensure that font sizes and line heights are ignored/reset to sane defaults, and that text is left aligned without editing the CSS manually? Is there a way to automate it? (I already use the justify left setting in Nickel as well as changing the font size in Nickel too)

What do you do to ensure that the CSS/styling of your EPUB book that you're going to read is suitable and ok for you?
Duke5127 is offline   Reply With Quote