View Single Post
Old 12-13-2023, 10:12 AM   #4
jviscosi
Connoisseur
jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Focus, Nook Glowlight 4/4+, Inkbook Obsidian, Kindle Keyboard
I'm also able to transfer books to the GL4+ via Calibre, but I'm on a Mac as well. When I was doing the steps downeaster59 posted about putting a different launcher on the GL4+ (because I wanted to use Moon+ Reader) I noticed that if I left USB debugging on, the GL4+ would register as a drive on my Mac but I couldn't transfer to it with Calibre. Maybe it would be worth turning USB debugging on to see if that changes the behavior on Windows. Here's the snippet from downeaster59's instructions that involves USB debugging:

Quote:
Step Two: Preparing Your Nook

Turn on your Nook. Tap the upper right hand corner. You should see the Quick Settings dropdown window. Tap “See All Settings”. Tap the lower right arrow to go to page 2. Tap “About”. Tap the small Nook/Barnes & Noble icon at least five times in rapid succession. You should see a new window appear with a number of options in rectangles. Tap “Android Development Settings”. Scroll down to USB Debugging and turn it on. Your Nook should be ready.
jviscosi is offline   Reply With Quote