View Single Post
Old 12-12-2023, 09:08 PM   #1
cgsmom
Addict
cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook GL4+, Nook GL4e, Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4, iPhone 14
Sideloading to Glowlight 4 Plus

After a lot of indecision and back and forth with myself, I decided to go with the flush screen of the GL4+. I really like the reading experience. It is comfortable in my hand. I opted for a case and it appears to be well made.

However, when I tried to sideload some books, I ran into issues. When I plug in the cable, nothing happens. My windows 10 computer does not see the Nook at all. My computer is up to date and so is the Nook. I finally figured out that if I connect the Nook and then reboot the Nook, it will the appear in file explorer. However, unlike every other Nook I have ever had, it does not show as an external drive, but is listed as an internal drive. There is no way to eject the device as that option is not listed. I can however copy books to the Nook folder using file explorer.

Calibre cannot see the device until I do the reboot while connected trick. Once I do that, Calibre reports the device as Nook BNV1300. Then I get an error message that Calibre cannot access the device. I have looked in the Calibre forum and several others have reported the same issues but I don’t see any resolution.

Has anyone here found a way to transfer books to the GL4+ with Calibre?
cgsmom is online now   Reply With Quote