View Single Post
Old 05-10-2004, 04:26 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Lightbulb There is light in the tunnel...

Months after months I've been telling you that I was working on our new site - without showing any promising results. Part of it was that I was too occupied with my real-life work. Another part was that I was unsatisfied (not to say frustrated!) a) with my own progress on the web site and b) with the designer(s) I tried to find (one even tried to screw me over, thank you very much ).

So after a break or two, I had to bite the bullet. The last few nights I spent most of my time to get as much done with the new site as possible. I am sure there are still a few tweaks here and there to be made, but overall I think the new site is pretty much ready to be released to the public.

Some of the new features that are already in place:

- A new frontpage article system which allows editors to bring interesting articles to the frontpage (I will write more about this feature tomorrow)
- RSS feeds from other excellent sources (can be selectively turned on/off)
- A Link Directory (which is written and installed, but not yet filled) - any volunteers?
- A Chat system that allows us to have schedule meetings for real-time chats
- A Games Arcade which allows you to have some bright moments at your work place and also to compete against your fellows
- A Mobile version which allows you to browse the full forum and to make new posts with your mobile device (a Avantgo-like version will be in place in the next few days)
- something else I forgot?

As always, I am open to your criticism, suggestions and other kind of comments (please just allow me to have a full night of sleep for once ).

I heartly recommend that you visit our new Community Help thread, where you can regularly find new valuable information how to make your stay here more enjoyable (I will add more FAQ items in the next days). Also, please take some minutes to introduce yourself if you haven't done so yet.

Best Regards,
Alexander
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote