View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 01:56 AM   #7
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
  • About the authorizing-deautorizing problem arising with the new firmware: With CTRL-Shift-e, you can bring up a hidden menu where you may deauthorize your reader. But: Even if you deauthorize your device, it will still be counted towards your 6 allowed devices!
    Some little hope on the horizon: Adobe might adjust the number of devices allowable to your account in the course of time and you may contact Adobe so they give you a higher number of devices. No comment!
  • On our german pages, user SciFiFan tells us that he has tweaked the FBReaderApp available on Pocketbook to enhance the ePub reading faculties of FBR.Now the app does find the illustrations that were lost before!

You can find his post here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=21
    and his compiled app here:FBReader
    Before pasting this in /system/bin of your reader, please do not forget to back up your original app for security purposes! Of course this works for the 301, too! Mucho karma to SciFiFan!
  • Try as I might, I can't bring the 360 to freeze on me! A corrupt file sneakily proposed doesn't faze the device, either! I'm only quietly informed that the file can't be read! Battery's still all the way up there, by the way!
  • I do not use the "wings" to paginate! Just can't get used to the weird sound! The cross works just fine, thank you, and my thumb's resting there all the time anyway! That gives me 4 keys (2 buttons-short and long press) that I can freely assign. I put the note/screenshot utility on the upper wing as my on/off-button is already assigned otherwise. Keymapper is a breeze and easily configurable.
  • PDF reading on the 360 is better as on the Cool-er, the Gen3 and even the PRS700. Tried them all, prefer the small one unreservedly! Strange, isn't it? Later today I will make a longer post on the PDF capabilities of our mighty midget!
  • Handling your files on the 360 is a breeze. Hold your ok button and a menu springs up that lets you move, copy, delete, make folders, delete folders, move folders and so on! This should be normal on a reading hardware device. It isn't! At all! Well done, folks!
  • Oh, those wings! They look cute, but are pretty useless to turn pages! Furthermore, there seems to be a problem as far as the color goes. There are very thin lines visible on the hinge between "wing" and "body". Nothing really bad yet, but not that pretty, either!

PS: Please feel free to post your comments. This thread is open for questions and opinions, of course!

Last edited by mtravellerh; 11-27-2009 at 01:59 AM.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote