View Single Post
Old 05-17-2024, 09:55 AM   #75
lumping-sugar66
Enthusiast
lumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2, Kobo Clara 2E
@ZodWallop, thank you for the comparative pictures. This iteration of the color eInk technology is moving in the right direction but still has a few steps to go before it becomes fit for every reading preference. For the mainstream book reader, the 2E is still the better choice, while for color content such as comics, cooking books, etc., color may be the better fit.

I was watching a YouTube video for the 2E vs. Colour comparison and one weird pattern caught my eye. I'm attaching the picture here; it looks like the Colour device has these diagonal lines as a pattern stretched throughout the page. At least from the video, it doesn't look like it's subtle and would be quite distracting to me. Is this something you're also seeing?

FWIW, this is the video I was watching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4E52qYE0_8&t=344
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	colour.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	208344  
lumping-sugar66 is offline   Reply With Quote