View Single Post
Old 05-13-2024, 05:02 PM   #25
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal
Anghirrim can read faster than his screen refreshesAnghirrim can read faster than his screen refreshesAnghirrim can read faster than his screen refreshesAnghirrim can read faster than his screen refreshesAnghirrim can read faster than his screen refreshesAnghirrim can read faster than his screen refreshesAnghirrim can read faster than his screen refreshesAnghirrim can read faster than his screen refreshesAnghirrim can read faster than his screen refreshesAnghirrim can read faster than his screen refreshesAnghirrim can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kobo Forma / Onyx Boox Page
Thanks for looking the servers.

I was not logged in any account (Boox, Google or whatever...).

I personally can't be happy with a device that pings that much its home servers when I don't ask for it. I did on purpose let it on my desk, doing nothing, and it kept connecting to the servers.

I understand your point in saying it's not suspicious because it's Boox servers. Fine, as long as one trust Boox servers.

However, I can't help myself but find it way too much. And even if it's statistics or telemetry data, I am the kind of guy who do not want to share more than needed to companies I don't know.

They just don't need it. They sold me a device, I did not sign a statistics provider contract.

I totally respect your point of view, don't get me wrong. It's just me.
Anghirrim is offline   Reply With Quote