View Single Post
Old 05-10-2024, 05:18 PM   #1725
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Hi Ambassador Dave, thanks for the report.

I don’t use Linux personally so trying to verify fixes for it is a pain in the butt. Calibre on Windows was using 3.10 which does not have this issue. As I mentioned on the Github issues post to the other users who raised this if someone wants to submit a patch for this I can take a look at it.

The reason it is not straightforward (other than inability to test it) is that the newer versions of httplib2 got split into separate python2 and python3 implementations. Whereas the version of it I have currently in the plugin was customised to support both. Only supporting python3 means updating the minimum calibre version to something that may upset some other users out there (inevitably linux again, did I mention how much I despise that mess of an OS ecosystem?). Perhaps that will just have to be the solution and those users trying to cling to old calibre versions will have to accept they are getting no more plugin updates…
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote