View Single Post
Old 05-09-2024, 01:25 AM   #5
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
Was there some happening in the book, foreshadowing or something, that might tie in to skipping the tenth chapter? An intentional, but subtle wink to something in the plot relating to the number 10?
I've just finished reading the book about 20 minutes ago, and I found it enjoyable. Nice writing style, easy to read and engaging.

I was holding off posting my above question until I at least past that section of the book as I wondered the same - some revelation about "10" or "X". But no, nothing to indicate such. No break, no questions, just a continual story arc during the main action scene.

As Sirtel has confirmed, a later edition does not have this discrepancy so I can only believe it is a single error that made its way through the whole publishing chain. - Author, editor(s), graphic artist, publisher, printer.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote