View Single Post
Old 05-07-2024, 07:54 AM   #39
philipblee
philipblee began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
Work Around for Calibre #7689 Error

I just purchased the brand new Kindle Fire 11 Max (referred to as KF11 Max in the rest of this message).

I am using Calibre v7.10 on Windows 11. KF11 is running Fire OS 8.3.2.3

When I connect KF11 Max to Calibre and a job is launched to "get list of books from the device". I immediately get WPD #7689 Error message which means that the Kindle Fire returns an error when Calibre does an MTP Request for scanning the device.

This error makes transferring files from Calibre to the KF11 Max very problematic.

I discovered a work-around to this problem that isn't perfect, but it works and I can get my eBooks onto the KF11 Max. Here are the exact steps:

1. Do not connect the KF11 Max to Calibre (avoid #7689 Error)

2. Click Connect/Share-->Connect to Folder-->Select Folder (selected folder)

3. Select the eBooks you want sent to your KF11 Max

3. Click Send to Device-->Send Specific Format-->Main Memory-->AZW3

4. This takes a little time depending on the number of eBooks, but this launches a job to upload those eBooks to the 'selected folder' from step 2

5. Change the USB setting on your KF11 Max device to "File Transfer" and make sure that Windows Explorer can display "Fire" in "My PC".

6. Finally, use File Explorer to copy all eBook files from the 'selected solder' to KF11 Max Drive/Documents folder.

7. The KF11 Max should start ingesting the eBooks and displaying the covers in your KF11 Max Kindle Library

I hope you find this message helpful.
philipblee is offline   Reply With Quote