View Single Post
Old 05-06-2024, 10:04 PM   #986
BrandonGiesing
BrandonGiesing began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage & Kindle Paperwhite 4
I know having "proper" tags would be better but this is basically just a stop gap to actually have a usable Kobo until I can get time to go through all like 3000+ books I have A lot of the books are from the FanFicFare plugin so I'm manually adding a lot of items to the "add_to_replace_metadata" section of the personal.ini to cleanup stuff when I notice it to prevent future issues.

Sites I download with that plugin have a lot of crazy tags that are super niche and might only be on one single book in my library but they also often have tags that are more common appearing on many books and often said tags might imply the same thing the rare niche tag did (just more generalized). And then of course, there's the authors that use tags basically for an author note with tags that are like a whole sentence long and I definitely don't need at all.

Hence why I figured "only making collections for tags with over X stories" would help out a ton since it would basically eliminate like 80% of the collections yet books would most likely still appear in a similar collection meaning the same thing.

Last edited by BrandonGiesing; 05-07-2024 at 04:32 PM.
BrandonGiesing is offline   Reply With Quote