View Single Post
Old 05-05-2024, 11:51 PM   #31
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
2) Turning dev mode on did not allow me to telnet into the Elipsa. As far as I know, this has always been the case for me.
One difference between the Elipsa and the Libra 2 is that the Elipsa is running the fancier firmware that supports notebooks. Perhaps Kobo disabled telnet by default on the Elipsa firmware but forgot to turn it off on the reader-only firmware? It's just a guess, but I do not have a NickelMenu entry for telnet, and yet I have used telnet multiple times, so it is possible to use telnet without NM in at least some instances (whatever they may be).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
Could you tell me how to do that? If you mean on the router, I can figure that out.
Yes, it would be interesting to disable 2.4 GHz on your router while Wi-Fi is disabled on the LC, then turn the LC Wi-Fi on and use telnet again to scan for Wi-Fi networks to see what shows up -- assuming you can get connected at all. The Kobo LC product page says this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobo
WiFi 802.11 ac/b/g/n (i.e. dual band, 2.4 and 5 GHz)
This makes it sound like the LC supports networks that use both 2.4 and 5 GHz, but it doesn't support networks that use only 5 GHz?
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote