View Single Post
Old 05-05-2024, 04:40 PM   #31
notatree
notatree began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage | Kobo Clara 2E/Libra 2 (128GB)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
This is really concerning. The Libra Colour is not a suitable replacement for the Libra 2, but I don't see the Libra 2 on Amazon anymore, either. I hope Kobo either fixes the stock situation or announces the Libra BW soon. I fear that Kobo is planning to discontinue BW readers > 6" if the Libra Colour sells well...
I haven't seen any new updates from Netronix via the FCC so I doubt there's something coming unless they went through someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyhermit View Post
Having just tried the new Libra Color in my local store, I can notice a significant speed upgrade compared to the previous gen Libra 2. As I recall, this is attributed to a doubling of the processor in the new Libra. As screen update is always a bane to any e-ink reader, this may be an issue you want to think about before choosing.
Based on Wikipedia it looks like an upgrade with a more efficient and dual core processor and then the speed upgrade from microSD to eMMC. I would love to see a Libra BW with the same specs even if upgrading the storage would be more annoying.
notatree is offline   Reply With Quote