View Single Post
Old 05-04-2024, 09:03 PM   #141
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
The template I use for save to disk is:

Code:
{author_sort:sublist(0,1,&)}/{series:|[|} {series_index:0>2s||] - }{title} - {authors:sublist(0,1,&)}
Basically, create a subdirectory based on the first author in the author_sort list then add the series/series index if it exists in [ ] - , then title - first entry in the author list.

Say I saved David Eddings' Losers to disk, I would see the following:

Code:
Eddings, David/Losers - David Eddings.epub
Whereas if I saved J. D. Robb's Desperation in Death (In Death #56] to disk, I would see:

Code:
Robb, J. D_/[In Death 56] - Desperation in Death - J. D. Robb.epub
The reason for not including the entire author list is that I have quite a few anthologies where the filename alone never mind the filepath/filename exceed the 240 character maximum path length calibre used.

For instance the The Science Fiction Hall of Fame, Volume One 1929-1964 edited by Robert Silverberg would require a total of 1464 characters if I tried to use the entire author/author sort list:

Silverberg, Robert & Weinbaum, Stanley G. & Campbell, John W. & Rey, Lester Del & Heinlein, Robert A. & Sturgeon, Theodore & Asimov, Isaac & Vogt, A. E. Van & Padgett, Lewis & Simak, Clifford D. & Brown, Fredric & Leinster, Murray & Merril, Judith & Smith, Cordwainer & Bradbury, Ray & Kornbluth, C. M. & Matheson, Richard & Leiber, Fritz & Boucher, Anthony & Blish, James & Clarke, Arthur C. & Bixby, Jerome & Godwin, Tom & Bester, Alfred & Knight, Damon & Keyes, Daniel & Zelazny, Roger/[SF Hall of Fame 01] - The Science Fiction Hall of Fame, Volume One 1929-1964 - Robert Silverberg (ed) & Stanley G. Weinbaum & John W. Campbell & Lester Del Rey & Robert A. Heinlein & Theodore Sturgeon & Isaac Asimov & A. E. Van Vogt & Lewis Padgett & Clifford D. Simak & Fredric Brown & Murray Leinster & Judith Merril & Cordwainer Smith & Ray Bradbury & C. M. Kornbluth & Richard Matheson & Fritz Leiber & Anthony Boucher & James Blish & Arthur C. Clarke & Jerome Bixby & Tom Godwin & Alfred Bester & Damon Knight & Daniel Keyes & Roger Zelazny

Last edited by DNSB; 05-04-2024 at 09:06 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote