View Single Post
Old 05-04-2024, 02:03 AM   #49
Ghostcat
Enthusiast
Ghostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the husk

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Why, yes, it is! The person who posted about the issue is using calibre 6.29 on his older Mac where the MacOS version prevents them from being able to update to 7.x. 6.29 does not have the information required to recognize the newest Kobo devices though at one time, @davidfor modified the 3.48 Kobo driver to recognize newer Kobos and hopefully, the driver can be modified again to allow the new Kobos to be recognized on older calibre versions.
I modified @davidfor's 3.48 plugin to work with my Clara 2E and I am quite happy to do the same for the new Kobos. If someone can give my the PRODUCT IDs. Unfortunately, I neither have or intend to buy one of the new Kobos, so will not be able to test any modifications.

The only thing is I have not the foggiest idea what the COVER_FILE_ENDING are and just went with the default.
Ghostcat is offline   Reply With Quote