Thread: Does kobo spy?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 11:12 AM   #63
Jane Eyre
Zealot
Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle P.white3/Kobo Clara 2E
Well..it is incredible that the standard of conversation has got so low...
I agree with your complaints. Copyright laws are morally unfair to users, but if you choose to infringe the law then you must assume your responsibility for your actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny View Post
This is the correct mindset, and it's sad to see people complacently following laws put in place by politicians who are getting their pockets lined by the corporations. People would seemingly give up their firstborn if a law mandated it.
Wooo how dare you?
It's easy to put ahead one's finger and judge other people from the other side of the globe. I am not the one having the power to change the rules..I'm not a member of the parliament of my country, I didn't write the law! I don't know the real situation there in America, here one risks from 6 months to 2 years of jail (in theory). Maybe this won't happen in a lifetime, but it is not up to YOU to decide what I must do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It may not be legal to remove the DRM in the USA. But I do it anyway because I do it for personal use. I refuse to have DRM on eBooks I've purchased.
You see? here we are! They don't sell us any real book; we pay for a license, that's the trick. We all need they change the term of the question, so that users could really purchased a book as it is for paper books.

Anyway, the aim of my previous message was simply to go in depth of the matter beacause I'm interested in the techical aspects about the DRM.
If it's not possible...I stop here.

Good luck to everyone.
Jane Eyre is offline   Reply With Quote