View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 04:06 PM   #161
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Chef View Post
900 pages does not make for a happy paperback, methinks. You'll get, what? Maybe one complete read-through before the spine is destroyed?
I dunno. My mass market paperback copy of Stephen King's It (1,100+ pages) published in 1986(?) has survived multiple readings and is still hanging in there. Same for The Stand and Shōgun and others I'm not thinking of at the moment.

Maybe because they were crafted with 'the old ways.'
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote