View Single Post
Old 04-27-2024, 06:31 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
I answered the OP question; he wanted to know if it was possible to adapt an ebook to the user device.

Regarding your second statement, I wrote here many times that an epub must be an epub3 with fallback code for epub2. Your simply formatted novel to me is a challenge to convert it in somethimg more elaborated, with nice chapter headings, dropcaps, fleurons, etc., etc., etc. Here you have two screenshots of a simple novel of mines:

Attachment 207866 Attachment 207867

The dropcap is controlled by javascript so always it has a perfect size (on epu3).
That looks awful. Javascript does not work in most cases. It will break and look even worse. The chapter header takes up way too much space. The dropcap also takes up too much space. Having it colored red is awful. It's a total disaster. There is no need to attempt to make complicated formatting when something simple can be done instead and look so much better.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote