View Single Post
Old 04-26-2024, 04:03 PM   #2655
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjaybe View Post
That's fraud, isn't it?
No. Just clever website design by Amazon (against the consumer). To be fair, I was distracted at work. But there's a big orange button for 'buy the whole shebang' and a little plain text link for 'look first', exacerbated by 1-Click.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjaybe View Post
Even if it's not fraud it's certainly cynical manipulation.
Yes it is.

You know, I moved to buying most of my books from Kobo. I bought this book at Amazon because it is an indie that is part of KU.

I have my gripes with how Kobo's website is designed (why is the 'purchase confirmation' page so useless?) but man, I sure prefer buying there to buying from Amazon.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 04-26-2024 at 04:10 PM.
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote