Thread: TCL NxtPaper 11
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2024, 07:30 PM   #95
Gormagon
monstrous mythical beast
Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tab Ultra C, Meebook P78 Pro, TCL 40Nxtpaper, TCL Nxtpaper11
I have the TCL 40 Nxtpaper and I really like the matte display which is much better than a reflective one. So I recently bought an used Nxtpaper 11 (advertised as "used, as new") for 126 Euro (including shipping costs), mainly to have a tablet on which I can watch a movie on a train ride without having all the reflections from the sunlight or the lights above the seats.
While the form factor isn't the best for watching old movies (usually these are in ~4:3 so there's some unused space on the right and left side), I do like the form factor for reading epub files. With KOreader I can use the volume butons for page turning, just like on the TCL 40 Nxtpaper (on the phone using the buttons makes more sence since one finger or thumb is near the buttons when holding the device). Or I can just scroll, since the screen has no ghosting like an e-ink display.

Right now I'm tempted to get the Lenovo Tab P12 Paper/Tab P12 with Matte Display, which offers a larger screen (12.7" with 2944 x 1840) and, of course, more weight (0.615 kg). It's available in (parts of) Europe: https://psref.lenovo.com/Product/Len..._Matte_Display
Gormagon is offline   Reply With Quote