View Single Post
Old 04-19-2024, 01:40 PM   #64
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_C View Post
AFAIK, this needs to be done each time you patch. I hope I'm not forgetting something. It does work, because I can use Gill Sans on my Clara 2E.
Previously you've only needed to do it once per fw upgrade, not every time you patch. Of course that may be one and the same thing.

Whether you'll need to re-do it after every firmware upgrade in the future depends on what Kobo have included in the Trolltech subdirectory you referred to.
  1. If the 4 GillSans*.ttf files are entirely missing from that directory in a new firmware .zip then the files you've manually added via kobopatch should still be there after the upgrade.
  2. However, Kobo sometimes include in the firmware .zip, 4 empty zero-length files with the same name. These would overwrite the 4 working font files with empty files. In this case you'd need to re-transfer the 4 good GillSans*.ttf files with kobopatch after the upgrade.

Which is the more likely of the two is anyone's guess. If Kobo had font licenses which have expired then option 2 is probably more likely. However, if they just fancied a change of fonts then option 1 is possible. Also, I suppose we shouldn't rule out that the space available for all the built-in fonts may be finite.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote