View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 04:59 PM   #60
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I hope you aren't comparing American Graffiti to Willow and finding American Graffiti the lesser...
Impossible. They are too different.
Sometimes you need to draw on the pavement (sidewalk) and other times you want a nice bap (round bread roll, but not like McD).

Some people only drink cheap beer and hate any kind of wine, but that was a misleading comparison to add.

Now if you'd asked me about Willow vs The Princess Bride?

Hard too to believe William Goldman wrote "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid" too, and "All the President's Men".

The Princess Bride has more good quotes than the Godfather.
"Some day everyone one will be wearing masks"
"Only mostly dead"
"That word does not mean..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Incidentally, have you read the Chronicles of the Shadow War trilogy by Chris Claremont and Lucas?
No.
Shadow Moon, Shadow Dawn and Shadow Star.
I've "Shadow Dawn" on paper, unread as yet on the shelf. From when I used to buy random S/H books.
Maybe get the other two first.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote