View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 01:56 PM   #50
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Life goals. That was what I was trying to do as well. I just wanted to pay off my house and retire early (and move to a different state). But then I suddenly got custody of my eight year old niece and became a parent and everything is up in the air. Let me tell you, paying for braces sucks.
Oh, I know. I have seen up close what it means to raise kids (that may have had something to do with the fact that I never felt any urge to have my own). Fortunately both my nieces are well in their thirties now (my sister is a lot older than me). And as their kids have several closer relatives than I, it's very unlikely I'll ever get saddled with the task of kid-raising.

I have nothing against children in principle. I just personally don't want to have any. Not a motherly type at all.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote