View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 07:23 AM   #24
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Since both my spouse and I are retired & our home is paid for so other than buying small gifts for the grandchildren, our expenses are well in control. Another consideration is looking at the amount of books we go through in a month, the cost of an ereader is a small chunk of our reading costs over a year even making use of Kobo Plus. So shiny new toy has the voice in my head going "you know you want to buy me!".
So let's say one reads 100 books a year, and a Libra Colour costs $220: that's only $2.20.

Or better yet, let's go to number of words. 60,000 words per book: that's only $0.000037.

I look at it as a hobby that I spend a lot of time on, so if I want something that makes it more enjoyable, I'll purchase it (within reason (what I consider reasonable (also taking into account what my wife may think))). I don't currently feel the need/want/urge to upgrade (From a Clara 2E).
John F is offline   Reply With Quote