View Single Post
Old 04-15-2024, 05:12 PM   #7
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Look at the css for the calibre1 style, it has 1em space for the top and bottom margins.

Code:
If the margin property has two values:

margin: 10px 5px;
        top and bottom margins are 10px
        right and left margins are 5px
Change it to:
Code:
.calibre1 {
display: block;
margin: 0;
text-indent: 30pt;
}
Code:
.calibre1 {
    margin-top: 0;
    margin-right: 0;
    margin-bottom: 0;
    margin-left: 0;

}
]
See https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_margin.php for explanation of css margins.

bernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethalox View Post
I have short story that I converted from an .lrf file. Unfortunately the conversion is a messed up. With breaks in the text artificially sprinkled throughout the document. Since I also have the short story in a pbook, it was easy enough to address. Where I am struggling is that I can seem to get an a text indent for every line break.

Here is the stylesheet.
Spoiler:
.body {
font-size: 1.125em;
line-height: 1.2;
padding-left: 0;
padding-right: 0;
margin: 0 5pt
}
.bs {
color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
font-size: 0.88889em;
font-weight: normal;
text-align: left;
text-indent: 10pt;
border: rgb(0, 0, 0) solid 0;
margin: 0
}
.calibre {
display: block
}
.calibre1 {
margin: 1em 0
}

The line breaks are marked as <br class="calibre"/>. But at each line, there is no indent. A paragraph break will get an indent with <p class="calibre1">.

And help would be much appreciated.
Much thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethalox View Post
Using so does the br tag and class not support an indent?
I understand using the <p> gets the indent but <p> also creates a lot of visual separation between paragraphs that would not like to have.

Much thx...
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote